Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 2 tablespoons plus ¼ cup good olive oil
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons of CHILE CRUNCH
Heat the 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan, add the onion and carrots, and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute and set aside.
Whisk together the ¼ cup of olive oil, the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Add to the lentils, and 1-2 tablespoons of CHILE CRUNCH, stir well, and allow the lentils to cool until just warm, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Addition: Can add sliced Kielbasa sausage.