Chile Crunch Goat Cheese Spread
Makes 1 cup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons Chile Crunch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until completely softened and caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Scrape the onions into the bowl of a food processor.
Place the skillet back over low heat, add the walnuts and let them toast, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the walnuts to the food processor along with the sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Process until smooth.
Add the Chile Crunch and use immediately or store covered in the refrigerator.
Delicious as a spread or over roasted vegetables.