- 1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Chile Crunch Chipotle
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 2 cans 14.5 oz. black beans, rinsed
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 12 oz. red lentils, rinsed
- 1 can 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 can 14.5 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a large pot, cook the onion, garlic for 5-7 minutes, until they are soft and slightly browned. Use water or broth to help scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pot, if needed.
Add the cumin powder and cook for 1 minute.
Add the black beans, corn, red lentils, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and veggie broth. Cover the pot with a lid and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25-30 minutes.
Once the lentils are cooked through, and the chili has reached the desired consistency, season it with salt, pepper, and Chile Crunch Chipotle to taste.
Stir in the fresh cilantro and lime juice and turn off the heat.
Garnish with avocado, lime slices, fresh tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, plant-based yogurt, crushed tortilla chips, or shredded lettuce.