- 1 package broken Fideo (thin pasta)
- 5 Roma tomatoes
- ¼ C Canola or vegetable oil
- ¼ Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 C water
- Powdered Chicken Consommé to taste
- Queso Fresco (Mexican fresh cheese)
- 1 avocado
- Mexican cream or heavy whipping cream
- CHILE CRUNCH
Heat the oil and lightly brown the fido. Blend the tomatoes, onion, garlic and 2 C water and 3 teaspoons Chicken Bou. Strain the tomato sauce and add to the browned fideo.
Stir occasionally and cook for about 15 minutes or almost done. In a 2 qt Pyrex, add the fideo and baked in a 350˚ oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Serve and top with crumbled Queso Fresco, slice avocado, drizzle with cream and CHILE CRUNCH.
Note: Fideo can be found in the pasta aisle of your grocery store.
*Add 2 C chicken broth and it is a soup.